A Lincoln County Public Library Borrower’s Card is available to any individual who is a resident of Lincoln County. Non-residents are eligible for a temporary library card with certain restrictions. All individuals under the age of 18 must have a registered borrower of legal age sign for responsibility. The card entitles the bearer to all rights, privileges, and responsibilities in using the Lincoln County Libraries. The person who signs for the card must present proof of current residency. The proof of residency must list your current address.
Items that can be used as proof of residency are:
1) A valid Montana driver’s license with a local current address
2) A valid out of state driver’s license with a current utility bill showing new patron’s name and local address or any other current postmarked mail showing new patron’s name and local address.
3) A valid passport with a current utility bill showing new patron’s name and local address or any other current postmarked mail showing new patron’s name and local address.
4) A valid FVCC Student or Faculty/Staff I.D. Card with a current utility bill showing the new patron’s name and local address or any other current postmarked mail showing new patron’s name and local address.
All new patrons are subject to a probationary period of three months. During the first three months only three items at any one time may be checked out on a card. Any patron with an incomplete application at the end of the probationary period will have their library privileges suspended until the patron updates their application with current information. After the probationary period has expired and the application is verified complete, patrons may check out up to fifteen items per card.
Non-residents may receive a temporary library card that entitles them to use the services of the Lincoln County Public Libraries. All rules that apply to a resident patron also apply to a non resident patron with these differences: A non-resident card is only valid for three months and only three items per card may be checked out at once. After three months, a non-resident may apply for a new temporary library card if desired.
To obtain a non-resident library card the individual must provide one of the following as proof of identification:
1) A valid driver’s license with photograph.
2) A valid passport
A non-resident must also provide the library with valid contact information: email, telephone number, and permanent address.
Lincoln County Public Library borrowers may use their library card to use and return their materials at any of the three libraries within Lincoln County.